Hello again!! I've been so busy lately that I've hardly had any time at all to put up pictures. Ya see, from here on out, for the most part, I'll be leaving every week to a remote part of the the park to work and live (I showed you one of the bunkhouses we stayed in the last post), so that leaves me little time when I get home to get everything done.
Anyway, I've got pictures from the past two weekends up here now. I went to Pennsylvania for my brother's bachelor party and had a blast. He did too, as you can see...
Anyway, I've got pictures from the past two weekends up here now. I went to Pennsylvania for my brother's bachelor party and had a blast. He did too, as you can see...
And Jona, of course.
This past weekend I hiked up to Mount Storm King and along the way I lost 8 pounds and nearly avoided a heart attack. It was very steep, but totally worth it, because once you get to the top there's a bird's eye view of Lake Crescent.
The trail gets pretty narrow at some points.
There is stuff growing!! We've had a super mild winter, and lately its been upper 50s and partly sunny... not too shabby for the end of February.
Like that's going to stop me...
I did get a little scared when I saw ropes along the trail...
...that are there so you don't fall in to one of these...
But it couldn't have been that hard if I got a picture of it by myself.
Nevertheless, two sturdy knots held anchor... some kind of hitch for the first one, and then a double figure eight on a bite for the second.
Do you see that roof way down next to the parking lot?? My friends and I put that on.
Once you get past Mt. Storm King there's a trail to the east that hits a couple more peaks like this one... its very dicey though, and I held off scampering up on this day...
...because its a long way down...
A newly constructed bridge (trucked in from Alabama?...) to be put in on one of the trails.
Oh OK, so I forgot to mention that I'm somewhat of a celebrity in town now that my mug made it in to the local newspaper. Front page of the sports section day after the Superbowl, check it out.
And this is what I had to eat tonight. A mushroom, pepper, and chicken dish baked along with some broth. Was good.
No comments:
Post a Comment