Reminder

Click On The Pictures To Make Them Bigger

Monday, April 19, 2010

Ozette Triangle



Two weekends ago we had the most splendid weather, I mean just dandy. And the best thing to do when its nice out is to go walk around. In my case, I walked around a big triangular trail next to Lake Ozette on the far reaches of the peninsula.



These are shots of the incredible cedar plank walkways that comprise the trail and run most of the way from the lake to the ocean.



The yellow buggers are skunk cabbage, and though they look small now, soon enough they'll be as big as your head. And the smell? Something like four hundred and twenty buds... if you know what I mean. I'm not kidding... go find some yourself and see.






The seaside campgrounds are very popular.









I was talking to Jennifer the other day, and wanting to express my feelings for her in some way other than words, I set out drawing a picture of her... isn't she darling?

1 comment:

  1. that "darling" portrait tells me one of two things: either a) you don't like me very much or b) it's been far too long since you've seen me. i thought you were supposed to be the artistic stief?

    ReplyDelete