-- For lunch with Amy and Laurie, who are now both (applause) real people with jobs and everything!
-- In Wall, South Dakota, a little tourist town that started as a drugstore in the middle of nowhere.
-- At a campground outside of Yellowstone National Park. No bathroom? No problem.
-- Beside the grandeur of Mount Rushmore
-- At the home of the 42" LCD TV, the Best Western of Spokane, Washington everyone!
The pictures below represent a little taste of the long but enjoyable adventure that lasted about 2400 miles of interstate highway. Before you look at them, though, I thought I'd comment on the 35 hours of driving that Jen and I survived. We traveled through many states -- seven in all, I think -- and experienced many types of driving. Here are my superlatives:
Most Interesting Drive: Has to go to Western South Dakota. Didn't think you'd hear that, did ya? Well you best believe it bucko, because driving alongside Badlands National Park was more like driving alongside Badass National Park.
Most Exciting Drive: The panhandle of Idaho was pretty exciting. Strictly downhill mountain driving with many, many, many curves going five below at 60 miles an hour... I felt like I was going to drive straight off a cliff.
Most Beautiful Drive: Leaving Yellowstone National Park on Route 287 in Southwest Montana next to Hebgen Lake. The gentlest of curves amongst tree covered mountains rising straight out of the Lake. Just after that was a thirty foot wide meandering stream that went on for miles alongside the road.
Most Fear for Our Lives Please End this NOW Drive: Route 191 coming from Bozeman to West Yellowstone. Nighttime. Fatigue. Two-lane highway. No lights but the car's. Constant sharp curves. Possibility of wildlife crossings. Very, very scary.
Most Boring Drive: East Wyoming. Never drive there. Ever.



She was so easy to talk to.

I had my first duel after this.

After the duel.



Doesn't she fit right in?

Plans for construction in 2011.


Maryland. Admitted in to the Union: April 28, 1788

Washington. Admitted in to the Union: November 11, 1889

Colin. Admitted in to the Union: April 2, 1987

In Yellowstone.

Didn't move ONCE.


The hot spots...

...they were just sooo hot.

Ferry from Seattle to the other side of the Puget Sound (that's a water body. I know, I just found out also.)

Finally!

All you Twilight lovers, eat your heart out.
No comments:
Post a Comment