Reminder

Click On The Pictures To Make Them Bigger

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

New Apartment

And so, after the hustle and bustle of the past few weeks, I finally arrived in Port Angeles, Washington. What a town of splendors! Across from my new apartment (116 N. Albert St., Port Angeles Sweets, featured in the pictures below) is an out-of-business bank, on the left side of which is the Riviera Inn motel, and on the other is an apartment building likely harboring terrorists. On the plus side, I sit caddy corner to a very nice local general store named Swain's, and my parking spot on the street is next to a lit gas station, fending off (or attracting) any potential prowlers.

After a little exploring with Jennifer (she has since left), I have begun to understand the charm of PA (that's how I'll rep my hood from now on) and why everybody speaks so highly of it. My apartment is a short 5-10 minute walk from the downtown area, which features little restaurants, gift shops, and antique shops. The harbor area (PA is known as the place "where the mountains meet the water") has an open patio where live music plays every Wednesday, and a handful of seafood joints where one can dine on some fresh catch from the Pacific.

I originally sent these photos to my Dad, hoping for approval. I wasn't disappointed: "it looks Spartan," he told me. Hah, more like Buckingham Palace.















No comments:

Post a Comment